Considered a celebrity among celebrity chefs, Mario Batali is appears at the Jacksonville Public Library on February 22, as part of Publix Apron’s Cooking School. Tickets are $95 go on sale December 10 at 10 a.m.
Before you go getting all incazzato at the ticket price, it does include a buffet of Batali’s recipes (prepared by the library’s catering department, I assume; see Dewey Decimal call number 641.5), a cooking demo and book signing.
In the event that you are tongue-tied at the thought of speaking to the world-renowned chef and world’s most famous wearer of Crocs, I have thoughtfully put together some talking points in the event that you have the opportunity to do so.
• Gwyneth Paltrow is one of his good friends, and he considers her a “style icon.”
• He is 8 years old in dog years.
• He puts hibiscus flower in his tea.
• His likeness appears in the Nintendo game Iron Chef America: Supreme Cuisine.
• If you rearrange the letters in his name, it spells “Airmail Boat,” “Malaria Obit” or “Tibial Aroma.”
• He wears shorts because he is warm, by nature, and likes to be “comfy.”
• His signature color is orange because his kids wear it all the time and it’s a “happy color.”
Crocs designed a signature edition of his favorite footwear for “kitchen aficionados,” featuring Crocs Lock™ tread which provides slip-resistance that exceeds industry standards and Croslite™ material for a custom fit. *Not a paid spokesperson.